Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist

Since I've already done my Josh Groban tribute (heh), I decided to focus on some groups I probably won't blog about as much.

This is Reik, a " Latin Grammy-winning Mexican band from Mexicali, Baja California" (so says Wikipedia). I found these guys one day on Pandora, and pretty much fell in love with their songs. Here's my favorite one.

Likewise with this group; "Camila." The name means "closer to God" and Wikipedia gives their origin to be Mexico City, Mexico. I love this group too, in fact, sometimes even more than Reik. Check them out here.

(Oh, ps, you can find pretty good translations of these songs if you do some googling. The lyrics are beautiful, actually. For the record, the first song by Reik translates to "unforgettable" and the Camila song translates, rougly, to "you're lying.")

"Goo Goo Dolls."
Silly name, fantastic music. They have a very distinctive sound, and I love it. (okay, for the record, I was a fan of this song before I even saw the movie)

"Daughtry." Basically, Chris Daughtry (lead singer, middle) was on American Idol, didn't win, then went off and made it bigtime with his band. Love.


"Rascal Flatts." All right, gotta give credit to the Mama for this one. She's the one who introduced me to this group, and who helped me love their music. Here's one of my favorites, a song they had on their album, but reworked some lyrics in support of Team USA for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Okay. I just realized I could probably keep going forever with this stuff, so I better stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...