Sunday, February 27, 2011

Here's to 2011!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

What a crazy, amazing, horrible, beautiful year this has been. 
Some of my memories from 2010:

  • Staying up super late to watch all of the Australian Open matches live (stupid Australian time difference...)
  • Being absolutely crushed at three in the morning when Muzz lost to Fed in the final.
  •  Winter Olympics 2010 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada :) Especially:
    • Evan Lysacek winning Men's Figure Skating Gold
    • Shaun White's amazing skills!
    • Lindsey Vonn's gold medals
    • The Canadian skater, Joannie Rochette, performing after the sudden death of her mom
    • The death of the luger that initially kicked off the whole event :(
    • The Opening/Closing ceremonies
    • Curling. Need I say more? :)
    • The US men's Snowboarding pants!
    • Ryan Miller and the US Hockey teams!!
  • The Saints winning the Superbowl
  • Starting tennis lessons with my momma and our awesome teacher, Tennis Tiffany! :)
  • The epic-ness that was Indian Wells and Miami
  • BYU-I Sinfonietta's tour to B.C. Canada and the state of Washington :)
    • Too many awesome things about this tour to put on this little space. I need to do a separate post all about Canada later :)
  • My first summer semester at BYU-Idaho
  • Watching the French Open/Wimbledon on my laptop during most of my classes :)
  • Rafa reclaimed his title at the French Open!! If that wasn't good enough, he also beat the creeper who took him out last year :)
  • Oh, Wimbledon.
  • JOHN ISNER AND NICOLAS MAHUT ARE MY HEROES. FOREVER.
    • Watching part of that epic match during Symphony lunch break, and getting a whole crowd of people interested in one of the greatest moments in sports history.
    • My back-and-forth text message conversation with my mom consisting mostly of: "Holy cow, do you think they're going to have to play tomorrow?"-"Did you see that? It's got to be over soon..."-"This is never ending. Omg."-"Oh. My. Gosh."-"Isn't this incredible???"-"Think I'm going to cry..."-"Why does someone have to lose??"-"It's over!" I actually have the exact message mom sent me after it was all over: "The supreme athleticism we witnessed will never be surpassed. Incredible. Never. Ever." Yup. that about sums it up.
    • My friend Travis and I were watching on that final day, on separate computers, using separate streams (I think I was actually ditching a class..). Somehow, his stream got behind mine, so when Izzy finally won, I freaked out, and he wasn't quite sure why..until 3 seconds later. We were laughing and tearing up and freaking out in the empty locker hall :)
    • RAFA WON WIMBLEDON which made it his second back-to-back FO/Wimby titled summer!!
      • (Oh, and Fed got his semi-final streak broken...then blamed it on his back. Baby.)
  • Drawing on the sidewalks late at night with my roommates
  • Having a concert on my birthday, and having some of my friends surprise me after with cake :)
  • Taking a trip with some of my amazing friends to see "Beauty and the Beast" at the Playmill Theater (organized by Mike :) )
  • The free-showing of "An American in Paris."
  • The Red, Light, Light, Dark quartet!
  • The Spring Semester 2010 Cello Party :)
    • During which Charity and Keven divulged how much I absolutely HATE brass instruments for their spit!
  • My sweet Theory 1 mentor group and mentor :)
  • Taking a trip with Naomi to see Chris Dungey about our cellos
  • The 24th of July celebration in Kanosh :)
  • Going boating as many times as possible during my 7 week break
  • Playing tennis with my whole family over the break :)
  • The International Music and Dance Festival in Burley
    • Mom and I filling out our draws religiously :)
    • ...and being depressed as, one by one, the US men dropped like flies :(
    • The night matches at the US Open. Someday, I am going.
    • The fight in the crowd during the Djoker/Petzsch match!
    • Watching "little" Ryan Harrison fight.
    • The red sweater :)
    • Nole/Fed's INCREDIBLE semi-final match!
    • Kim Clijsters winning her 2nd US Open title in a row :)
    • Rain delaying the Men's Final until Monday; forcing me to go back to school and watch the final without my family :(
    • Ended up watching on the computer in the Music Library office, all by myself, texting my parents and Tweeting the whole time!
    • Crying/Laughing as RAFAEL NADAL won the US OPEN becoming only the 7TH MAN to get their CAREER GRAND SLAM and the first since Laver to WIN FRENCH, WIMBY, and US IN A ROW, securing the #1 RANKING and his place in the GOAT discussions.It was a great moment :)  
  • Fall Semester 2010; having most of my "family" back at school with me :)
  • My many Cello-Therapy lessons with Brother Tueller
  • Having an incredible group of girls for roommates! (See: Way Too Much Sarcasm in One Apartment)
  • Halloween Concert 2010 (See: Halloween Concerts: Then and Now)
  • Brother Tueller and Brother Hansen's faculty solo recitals :)
  • The trip to SLC to see the Utah Symphony with Naomi, Spencer, Kellen, and Sarah :) (See: Is that in Reference to that car we just passed???)
  • The many late nights in the Snow having serious talks or laughing until I thought I was going to die with my Snow Family :)
  • Kelsey, Kelly and I take a little trip to Idaho Falls to pick up Kelly's Boyfriend
  • The nighttime exploring adventures Kelsey and I had in St. Anthony, Idaho :)
  • My horrible English class.
  • The dedication of the BYU-I Center. Absolutely amazing experience.
  • Being in the pit for The Marriage of Figaro: three hours, five nights.
    • Being SPIT ON by the vocalists from above
    • The Opera Fairy, 2010 :) :) :)
  • Spending the last night of the semester with Kellen, Braden, Mike, David & Abby at Craigos :)
  • Moving home, then turning right around and travelling to Kanosh and SLC with my family to visit more family :)
  • Spending Christmas Eve watching movies on our new TV with my family
  • Christmas started at 5 A.M. No lie.
  • New Years Eve: Guadalajara's, movies, Chocolate Fountain, Sparkling Cider, Dick Clark's countdown, and "Happy New Year!" with my family :)
Well, I'm positive there's stuff I've forgotten...but there's sort of a brief overview of 2010. It really was an awesome year. I've learned so much, met so many amazing people, and grown in so many ways over this year.
Goodbye, 2010...and Here's to 2011 :) May it be even better and bring new adventures, people, and places :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...