Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item

So, when I think "treasured" item, I think "item you've had longest"...that being said, let me introduce you to Blackberry :)


(I know the picture quality isn't that great...I'll upload another when I have a good working camera)


I mean, yes, I love my iPod (it's a new iPod Touch and it carries around all of my music, which, where would I be without that???) and I absolutely LOVE my cello....but to me, "treasured" screams longevity, so I had to go with Bunny...plus, doesn't she just look like she's treasured?

I got Bunny (her official name is "Blackberry" like in Watership Down, but she is more commonly referred to as "Bunny") when I was 18 mo. old. As the story goes, my parents and I were in Price Club, and I needed some calming down, so my parents grabbed Bunny off the shelf (I'll have to find a picture from when she was young, because she was fluffy and a clean, clear gray color...oh...and she still had all of her fur :) ) and handed her to me. It was best-friendship at first sight :)  When it came time to leave the store, my parents tried to put Bunny back, but I would not allow it :)  We'll skip over the details that reveal just how big a spoiled brat I can be, and move on: Bunny became a part of our lives. No trip to see family was taken, no dentist visit survived, no night spent, and no moment of comfort given without Bunny has occured in all these long 18 years... My family would often tease me, "What are you going to do, take Bunny to college with you?"
Um...yes.
I plan on having this ratty old rabbit forever, because not only is she my most treasured item, but she also is an automatic kid-magnet. Every younger cousin of mine has adored (and coveted, I'm sure) Bunny; she's even a favorite of non-related kids. She's just pure magic. And, yeah, she may earn me a few, extra, weird looks, but she's my version of a blanky.....and I think she's better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...