Friday, October 7, 2011

I Want Adventure in the Great, Wide Somewhere...



What do you do after a rough week, on a Friday night when your roommates are gone and you've definitely caught a cold?



This is the best movie of all time.

I know I've blogged about this before, but this movie is just too amazing to be a one-time-post thing.

I was only 6 months old when this movie hit theaters; nevertheless, it has been my absolute favorite movie since the first time I saw it.

It was--and still sometimes is--the only movie I wanted to watch when I was sick.
Or tired.
Or happy.
Or upset.
Or bored.
Or in a movie-watching mood.

You get the point.

How can you not love this movie?
Belle is the only brown-hair, brown-eyed princess.
She loves books and reading.
She rides horses.
She's tough and smart.
She isn't just like everybody else in her small "hometown."

She is the princess I want to grow up to be :)

And think about this:
Snow White? Met her Prince after he woke her up with a kiss.
Cinderella? Had one night with her prince before deciding she was absolutely in love.
Sleeping Beauty? Danced with a stranger in the woods once, fell in love.
Ariel? She creeped on her prince for a while before he fell in love with her.
Jasmine? Totally fell in love with Aladdin while he was pretending to be a prince.

Belle is the only princess who took the time to get to know her Prince, as he really was, without being persuaded by a pretty-boy face or a royal title. She really fell in love with her Prince, for his personality. Plus, even though she had the "most eligible bachelor" in the town after her, she held her ground and waited for something that was more than superficial.

{A dissertation on Belle :) }

The music is amazing. The storyline is beautiful. The humor is witty and cute. Plus there's talking normally-inanimate objects in it!!
It is the best movie in the world.


So what do you do on a quiet, exhausted, sick Friday night?
Watch Beauty and the Beast.
Just like you do any and every other day of the year :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...