Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh, this has gotta be a good life, this could really be a good life, a good life, good life...

Life is hard.

This is pretty much our apartment's favorite saying. It doesn't really matter what happens, whether it's a failed test, a dropped pen, or the never-ending/never-easy decision of what to eat for dinner (a sandwich, or macaroni and cheese?????), it always comes back to the same thing: Life is hard.

The funny thing is, though, that life is actually really hard. There are things that frustrate and hurt and try their best to take you down. There are days when it seems like everyone, their dog, and its best friend are combining against you, determined to push you to the point where all you can do is crumple in a ball on the floor, crying, "WHY?!" (You know why! Movie reference. anyone? anyone??)

But as much as life is hard, it is equally good. Oh, so good.
Sometimes it's just hard to see the gray skies through the blinding sun.
(Oh. Nothing against sunshine, but I love rainy, cloudy weather.)



So, fair warning: this blog post is about to be super long. Cuz here's the thing--once you start focusing on the good things in life, it's kinda hard not to notice a million and six of them.

Tori, Chanel, Kelsey, Kacey, & Kelly

So I'm back in Rexburg, starting my fourth semester (FOURTH SEMESTER) at BYU-Idaho and I happen to be so incredibly blessed to live with an insane group of girls. After spending an entire fall semester in giggles and sarcasm with these wonderful ladies, we all decided to live together again for spring semester--and for the foreseeable future. But the best part? We moved out of the painted-windowed, moldy, spider-infested hole in the wall and into a new, super nice apartment. Okay, don't get me wrong: having 'nice things' isn't the most important thing in the world, but having to share a bathroom with only one other person and having our own washer/dryer is NEVER going to be a bad thing.


Minus Kelly. Boo.
I love these girls so much. They are, every single one of them, incredible people. We tease each other mercilessly, have far too many inside jokes, delight in scaring each other to death, know a lot (read: too much) about each other, and will always love and take care of each other. They are some of my best friends & people I hope to have in my life for a very long time. So, a little shout out to Miss Inconsidadate, the Dolphin, Harry Potter, the filterless Runner, and the Friendly Thug: I love you girls! Can't wait to see what we do this semester. Whatever it is, it's gonna be big. Trust me.



Shower crayons. Yup, you heard me right. Remember, the average age of our apartment is roughly 6. Here's just a small taste of what happens when you actually have a nice bathroom you can decorate (I'm thinking there will be a post later dedicated to mine and Kelsey's bathroom. It's awesome.) So here's the thing: a hot shower after a long day--or before a long day--is absolutely awesome. Add some Crayola bathtub crayons, and the epic-ness that follows is almost immeasurable. The only problem is, I think we're running out of room...


I am probably (read: definitely) going to start giving Brother Tueller's quotes their own posts, but for now, this link will do. I've mentioned it before and I'll definitely mention it again: I love my cello teacher/symphony conductor. One look at that FB page I just linked to, and I think you'll have to agree. Studying at BYU-I has impacted my life and blessed me in so many ways, and Brother Tueller (or "Bro T" as we all refer to him) has absolutely been a part of that. To be honest, the faculty we have at BYU-I are just incredible, every one of them, but I think we are particularly spoiled in the music department. Because they spend so much time with us (read: it's not really their choice, we just don't leave the music building that often..) our music faculty know and love each and every one of us. In the cello studio, we refer to Bro T as our "cello dad;" he is the one any of us would go to if we had a problem; he definitely knows more about us than he probably wants to; and he absolutely is impacting all of our lives--and not just by making us Baroque- or Beethoven-snobs. 



Isaac and Daniel
I love the people I have in my life. 90-95% of this blog is basically dedicated to them. So you've already met my roommates: let me tell you about a few of the other people in my life whom I absolutely adore.
Both Tori and Chanel have married sisters that live in Rexburg and had their first babies last year-- Isaac (pictured above) and Ella. Because Tori and Chanel do a lot of babysitting, we're lucky enough to have babies at our house all the time.

Okay, I love kids. It's probably because I've had little kids in my life since I was three. My youngest sibling is 15 years younger than me. I babysit a lot, and during my winter break, I was frequently subbing for sunbeams adn nursery. I just understand kids. It's one of the reasons I'm so excited to go into Music Education; to teach little kids music. So, needless to say, I love when we get to babysit for a while.  

Anyway. Isaac's dad, Bryan, is a french horn music major and his mom, Lauren, is in a choir this semester, so Isaac is at the Snow building a lot. One day, Chanel and I were babysitting at the Snow, and Isaac happened to meet someone who understands him perfectly: Dan. The two were having conversations about anything and everything, and at one point, Naomi snapped the picture I have posted above. I think it is probably one of the most adorable pictures ever. Isaac looks so tiny next to his good buddy.

Naomi and I at a  Mindy Gledhill concert
That's Naomi. She's basically one of the coolest people I know and one of my greatest friends. Oh, and we're basically twins. Don't believe me?
I swear this wasn't planned. It just happened.

Even our lockers are twins!
This wasn't planned, either. At all. Let me point out a few eerie similarities. Baroque cello (white case) in the locker; modern cello (colorful cases) outside. Backpack in the locker. Books in the locker. Green bag hanging from one of the hooks.  TWINS.

Aliens. On a random old farm building. Don't ask.

Life is hard. 
Let's be honest. There are lots of things that make life hard. But you know what the great part is? There are many more things that make life really, really good



Oh, this has gotta be a good life...A good, good life.. 


3 comments:

  1. sooo cute love reading your blog. We all need to get together sometime soon and do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. This is too cute!! I'm so happy this semester has started off so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brennan you have a blog! Love it, and I'm so glad you love BYU-I; enjoy every second of it, it will go by WAY to fast!

    ReplyDelete

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...