Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ten years.

Osama bin Laden is dead.

Ten years after the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers, the man who orchestrated the worst attack on American soil is dead.

Ten years, you guys.

I can never forget that day. There are things about September 11, 2001, that will live forever in my mind. There are images I can't un-see; things I heard that I can never get out of my head. Memories that will never leave me. There's a huge crater in New York City that won't ever let us forget.
And now he's dead.

I won't ever forget this day, either.
Our church ends at 4:30, so as soon as we got home, we started cleaning and making pasta, because a bunch of people were coming over. Tori's sister and brother-in-law (Dana and Dallin, with their adorable baby Ella), Chanel's sister and brother-in-law (Lauren and Bryan, with their adorable baby Isaac), and two friends of Chanel's from her home town came over at about 6 o'clock. After we ate, we were all playing Apples to Apples. Things got pretty loud, pretty crazy. It was good fun. A little before everyone left, Tori said, "Hey, I just got a text that says to turn on the news..."
Everyone was quiet.
Ten years.

The strangest thing is, though, that I can't feel completely relieved. I'm happy we got him...but there's a knot in my stomach. Something doesn't feel right.
Surely this evil man, the man who orchestrated the deaths of thousands of Americans, has backup plans. Surely he has a "just in case" system of command.

What kind of retaliation will we face for this?

bin Laden is dead, but he was one man. One evil man, absolutely. But he was not the only one involved.
God bless America. There's no way we're done with this yet.

President Obama addressed the nation about twenty minutes ago. He gave a great speech, as always, but all the "I" s and "me" s and "I did" s and "I ordered" s....
I am afraid he just found his re-election platform.

I can't even form logical, complete thoughts right now.

Ten years.
God bless and be with us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...