Friday, September 2, 2011

Song Challenge, Track 5: Song(s) That Remind You of Somewhere

"My Girl"
-The Temptations
Boating.
Somehow this Temptations CD got put in the boat's stereo system--and it never left. We would repeat this song over and over and over again while out on the water.



"Hotel California"
-Eagles
California.
No, it's not because the song is called "Hotel California". Actually, any song of the Eagles will remind me of Southern Cali. I distinctly remember using those big orange/yellow popsicles as microphones while dancing around to "Life in the Fast Lane" with my friend, Devyn.


"Music of the Night"
-Phantom of the Opera
Rupert, ID.
I have a lot of memories about Rupert; some good, some bad, but for some reason this song always reminds me of that lovely little Hicktown. For one thing, this musical is one of the few that my dad really likes. For another, I guess the reason it reminds me of our first Idaho town is because I remember seeing the BYU Dance Ambassadors come to town, and they did a beautiful piece to this song. I was kinda hooked on it ever since.
Oh, by the way, it's got to be the Michael Crawford version, or no dice. Gerard Butler looks verrrry nice, but he sings like a Muppet.
And not in a good way.

"Whatcha Say"
-Jason DeRulo
No big story behind this one. It was just one of the songs that my roommates and I listened to, constantly, my first semester of college. Everytime I hear it, I can see myself back at the apartment on the hill, sitting at the kitchen doing my homework while my roommates gossiped and made plays for all the guys in our FHE group.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...