Friday, September 2, 2011

Song Challenge, Track 10: Song(s) That Mean Something

"Race You to the Top of the Morning"
-The Secret Garden
(Try your best to find the Mandy Patinkin version. SO much better. It's absolutely beautiful)

"Now, another foul dragon's appeared,
I must leave you.
He's scorching our land with his breath.
From his lair this one taunts me,
He dares me, he haunts me.
Once again, we must fight to the death!

Would to God I could stay and instead slay your dragon,
This beast who sits hunched on your back.
Would God I could wrench him away from your bed,
Or cut off or tear off his terrible head,
Could breathe out my fire on him
'Till he was dead,
Or beg him to spare you and take me instead!"



"When You're Home"
-In the Heights

"Then can I say...I couldn't keep my mind off you all day.."


"Thankful"
-Josh Groban

"So for tonight, we pray for
what we know can be
And every day, we hope for
what we still can't see...
It's up to us to be the change
And even though the world needs so much more..
There's so much to be thankful for..."


"Stille Nacht"
-Mannheim Steamroller


"Come Back to Me Again"
-Garth Brooks

"There’s a ship out on the ocean,
At the mercy of the sea.
It’s been tossed about,
Lost and broken,
Wandering aimlessly.
And God somehow you know,
That ship is me.

‘Cause there’s a lighthouse,
In a harbor,
Shining faithfully.
Pouring its light out,
Across the water.
For this sinking soul to see,
That someone out there still believes in me."




"Feed the Birds"
-Mary Poppins

"All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares."



"Look Through My Eyes"
-Phil Collins

"There will be times on this journey
When all you'll see is darkness..
But out there somewhere, daylight finds you
If you keep believing.."



"Measure of a Man"
-Clay Aiken

"Would he walk on water
Would he run through fire
Would he stand before you
When it's down to the wire
Would he give his life up
To be all he can
Is that, is that, is that how you measure a man?"




"Hold On"
-Jonas Brothers

"One single smile, a helping hand.
It's not that hard to be a friend."





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...