Friday, September 2, 2011

Song Challenge, Track 4: Song(s) That Remind You of Someone

I have a BUNCH of these. Music is one of the greatest "associaters"--meaning that you often have a song attached to the important people, places, and events in your life.
Here's just a few I could think of off the top of my head, and, where possible, the best description of why.


Roomies!
This song will always and forever remind me of my awesome roomies, Spring semester of 11.
Love you girls!

Very much so dedicated to the "best friend" I thought I had for 10 years.
How's that picket fence and fancy car, Spence? ;)
I hope you know I miss you...and I sure hope you know I'm lying :)

From one of the best movies ever.
I owe my Muppet-appreciation to my mom, the quintessential Muppet-Queen :)
No matter what, no one will ever sing this song with more talent--or gusto--as my momma

My junior and senior years of high school, my dad was one of the football coaches for our varsity team.
For the really far away games, my dad would drive separate from the bus and he'd let me go with him; long drives, rough games, lots of rants & chats, and getting home well after midnight.
We always, always, always listened to Journey (it was one of the only CDs dad had in his truck), and this song was the first up on the album.


:) You know I had to.
Spencer? Daniel? (Spaniel, as Naomi and I decided to call you) Sorry. This one's stuck with you guys forever.

To my amazing little siblings. You guys crack me up.


For one of my closest friends from high school--the one who could always make me laugh, frustrate me, give me my best 'opponent' to debate (argue) with, and the only one who really was on and by my side. This song and this singer always remind me of you.
Now hurry back from Brazil, huh?


Now a totally random one.
Summer. Fair week before 7th grade. The local radio station was hosting a booth that offered karaoke opportunities for all of the Mini-Cassia area's amusement. Here's why this song being on this list is random; my younger brother's good buddies decided to do their best Avril impersonations. And as they're blasting away--each in their own keys, mind you--who should I see but the guy I had been crushing on for a full year! (7th grade drama, gotta love it) It probably doesn't make much sense when I put it down on paper (blogpost), but for some reason, every time I hear this song, I can't help but laugh and wonder just how all those guys are doing these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...