Sunday, June 12, 2011

20th Birthday Adventures

20 years.
That's such a freaking long time.
I mean, it's two decades.
And if you think about it, a LOT of stuff can happen in two decades.
And that's how long I've been alive.

Let me just give you a rundown of how my day went.
(pictures of the day will be up as soon as I get them :) )

  • Woke up earlyish to a verrrrrrry decorated bathroom mirror (Thanks Kelsey!!)
  • Barely made it on time to 745 Theory where I was sung to by the entire class and a very enthusiastic piano-playing Bro Hansen
  • 9am String Practicum: started the day off right with a bunch of sugary donuts--all thanks to Naomi!!--before being sung to by a bunch of non-vocal majors (with invisible percussion accompaniment by Naomi)
  • Violin playing test = fail.
  • 10:15 Conducting: failing at conducting Beethoven 5. Failing harder at acting like a crazy person while conducting Beethoven 5, even when Bro Hansen bribed me with an A+.
  • 11:30 Baroque Ensemble: best. class. ever.
    • Bro Tueller being a total Baroque rockstar with is Baroque guitar
      • Bro T: "I'm going to quit the cello, and be a rockstar!" (throws his arms in the air)
      • Me: "Put your hands in the air!"
      • Naomi: "Yzma! Put your hands in the air!"
      • Bro T: "I love that movie!!"
      • *three minute-long Emperor's New Groove quoting session*
  • 12:45 Sight singing test in Mentor Group
    • Fail.
      • Only thing Steven could tell me: "Um...have a good weekend?"
  • Procrastinating going to Capstones with eSpencer, Dan, Tim, and Mason. Always fun :)
  • Walking to and from Capstones in the wind and rain, listening to Beethoven, Dvorak & Camila <3
  • Matt and Dan. The Disney Electric Light Orchestra. Kid Kadets. Enough said.
  • Turning pages for eSpencer in his pre-recital hearing (he ROCKED it)
  •  "Practicing" (read: half practicing, half chatting with Naomi, Matt, Dan, and David)
  • Coming home to an INCREDIBLY AWESOMELY decorated apartment! My roommates ROCK The totally awesome tent in our front room!
  • They got my favorite food recipe from my mom, and MADE it!
  •  
The birthday presents from my roommates!! :) They are so wonderful!
  • We had a picnic on the floor, under the tent, complete with fruit snacks, S'more Brownies, and Jurassic Park II.
  • Went back to the Snow to meet up with a few people to get ice cream
    • Hung out at the Snow for an hour, messing around with Naomi, eSpencer, Chris, Dan, Jacquelyn, and Emily.
      • Naomi riding Chris' longboard up and down the halls
      • Dan jumping in front of her and making her wreck
  • Me, Naomi, Kiara, Jacquelyn, Chris, and eSpencer squeezing into Naomi's car to go to G's Dairy
  • Realizing G's Dairy was closed. :(
    • As we drive out of the parking lot, this other car stops on its way in. The guy gave us the weirdest look!
  • Rocking out to Aerosmith and perfecting our Steven Tyler screams on the way to Dairy Queen
  • Laughing too long and too loud :)

Best. Picture. Ever.
I don't know who The Zonks are, why DQ loves them, or why that one guy is sitting so seductively (read: AWKWARDLY) on the truck, but I absolutely LOVE this picture.
  • DQ Ice Cream and laughs
  • Overhearing conversation at the table next to us: "I think I'll just have to go cut myself now..."
  • Geeking out about music with some of my favorite people :)
  • Hanging out outside the Snow
    • The Penguin Game
    • The crabs/seagulls from Finding Nemo "Mine, mine, mine!" "Hey, hey, hey ,hey!"
    • QUACK! quack quack quack quack quack!
    • "F you guys!.....Are you okay?"
    • Naomi being...Naomi.
    • Chris' laugh
    • Mormon drunkenness
    • Kitten in a Tree song
Sooo many awesome things. Lots of amazing people. Absolutely fantastic birthday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...