Monday, September 2, 2013

Thoughts of the Week(end)


Thought #1: I never understood people that would get cookie dough ice cream, or cookie dough blizzards. I repent and take that back completely; I'm sort of hooked.

Thought #2: Although, I don't think it beats Ben & Jerry's AmeriCone Dream flavor

Thought #3: Pet Peeve:
"Oh, hey, <so and so>, how are you?"
"Not so good, actually; I think I'm coming down with a bit of <insert illness of choice>."
"Oh. I was sick once. And I sneezed last night."

Like...really? When I find out people are sick, I go immediately into nurse-mode, like, "Oh, I'm sorry! That's the worst! Can I get you anything? Do you have soup? Popsicles? Drugs?" So people that take other people's misfortunes and brush it off because they knew what it felt like to be sick once upon a time completely baffle me. Like...completely. 

Thought #4: Beer doesn't even smell good. It can't taste super delicious, but it especially doesn't smell good. I don't get it. 

Thought #5: Chile con carne is delicious

Thought #6: Being sick is the weirdest thing. Like, being legitimately croaky throat, loss of voice, in pain, stuffy nosed, pulse-increased, can't get out of bed exhausted is so weird. It's like your body is a giant sorting center, and one day one of the little worker guys processes a particular germ and goes "NOPE. That's it, I'm out, shut it all down, boys, we're done."

Thought #7: You haven't felt truly old until one of your students asks you if you know anything about the musical group "N star Sync" (pronounced 's-eye-n-k')

Thought #8: The worst thing about living in a desert is when you're feeling tired or grouchy or sick and all you want to do is cuddle up in a sweatshirt but you can't because IT'S SO FREAKING HOT ALL OF THE TIME. Like, even at 3 am--it's hot. Even when it rains--it's hot. Even when it's September--it's hot.

Thought #9: Oh yeah, hey, Happy September.

Thought #10: I hate long-distance relationships. And no, not even just romantic relationships, I mean any relationships. It's too easy for me to think of someone with either super rose-colored glasses or condemning broken shades when they're out of my immediate 'reach.'

Thought #11: It's amazing how kids can break your heart

Thought #12: I don't really like orange juice. But I especially hate the pulpy kind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M GOING TO BOISE IDAHO!

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Idaho's capital. Counting occasions and not separate...